1 thrift store dress needing some attention
1/2 of a favorite pattern
1 really awesome Summers End Frock
The pattern I used was Burda World of Fashion 6/2010 Dress 118 (bodice pieces only)
All of the new bodice came from the top portion/sleeves of the old dress. I cut the skirt off of the old dress 1" below old seam (could not get old sticky stay tape to come off old seam) and just reattached it to the new bodice.
I did not get to do the gathers I wanted because of the fabric runs when pulled so I did small pleats.
It was very frumpy before and real hot to wear, now it is very breezy and a great choice for the sun.