July 15, 2009

Vintage McCall's 6012

Front: The slit in the front really plunges, I think by sewing it up just a little on the inside will help with that.

Back: I have changed up the wrap around tie. I was not going to use all one color and risk looking like a bound blueberry. Instead I have used a vintage scarf to break up all of the blue. It is one that only wraps around once instead of twice and it ties in the back instead of front.

Close Up Front: Probably can not see it but I have used a really old frosted glass button on the yoke.

This is a pattern from 1978 McCall's Carefree Collection. The one I did is D the long yellow dress on the middle of the packet. I think that the sizing for this dress is all wrong, it is supposed to be a small and it is more like a medium. The fit is very roomy.

*This pattern is concidered to be  a vintage pattern since it is older than twenty years. It is almost the same age as me and I don't concider myself to be vintage. I called the scarf a vintage it is more than fifty years old, thats vintage to me.*

1 comment:

emmalemma said...

Thanks for blogging about this dress! I inherited the pattern from my great-grandma and I was thinking about making it and so I Googled it. I'm glad your version came up. Yours turned out very cute and I'm hoping mine will be just as nice! Thanks for the real life preview :)