February 23, 2010

Simplicity 6607

This is a first I usually don't post me wearing anything that I make because it is so much quicker to just put clothes on the dress form and snap pictures. In this dresses case that was not an option, I had problems with the dress forms hips, they are too big! I have the thing set to all of my other measurements but can not get the hips, if I do the hips the other measurements go off. So, this dress had to wait two weeks for snow to melt and for a husband to get the time to take some photos.

A pattern from 1972

Simplicity 6607 

Photo above I have cinched in the waist and breast of the form just to get the back zip up, the dress form looks very flat chested. 

My favorite part of the dress the shoulder panels

Only changes I made was that I did not include the ties in the back, they were a little too girly for my likings.

No comments: