February 10, 2013

Prairie Picnic Dress

The Kindergarten class that I work in had a Prairie Picnic last week where everyone got to wear something prairie inspired. I arose to the occasion and made myself a Prairie Dress and apron to wear.
I think I could wear this every day it is so comfy.
  Dress is a variation of Burda Style 1/2013 blouse #117 extended to ankle length.
 Without the apron the dress looks just like a Moo-moo. I liked this pattern before I made it a dress but now I don't think it would look right on me as a top.
Apron is self drafted.
 I was running out of time and did not want to make fabric ties on apron so I used ribbon instead. I love the result it gave me using ribbon.
I added a gypsy skirt I made Sierra under the dress so it would have a little more volume on bottom.
Burda Style Carmen Blouse 01/2013 #117 in jersey fabric

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hi

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your blog. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested. Thanks!